William A. “Bill” Begley
June 13, 1938 – November 19, 2021
VISITATION: Tuesday, November 23rd from 5pm to 7pm at the West Center Chapel, followed by VIGIL SERVICE at 7pm. MASS OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL: Wednesday, Nov. 24th at 11am, Holy Cross Catholic Church, 4810 Woolworth Ave. Interment, Calvary Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to Holy Cross Church Capital Campaign Fund.
To view live broadcasts of the Vigil Service and Mass, please go to www.heafeyheafey.com and click the “View Live Cast” button on the home page.
William A. “Bill” Begley was born on June 13, 1938, in Omaha, Nebraska, the youngest child of Mary and Paul Begley. He passed away on November 19, 2021. Bill was a co-owner of Andersen Fire Equipment, and later Begley Fire Apparatus Sales. After his retirement, he served on the board of the Omaha Housing Authority.
Bill is survived by his wife of 60 years, Norma; children: Terry Begley, Tim (Val) Begley, Renee (Chris) Piccolo, Amy (Mike) Masker, Jenny (Denny) Hess and Mindy Begley, grandchildren Max and Sam Begley, Sydney and Ryan Piccolo and Mitch and Maddie Masker, sister Rosemary Weide, in-laws, nieces and nephews.
Bill was preceded in death by his parents, Mary and Paul Begley, Sr., brothers: Rev. Paul Begley, Jr., Patrick Begley, Donald Begley, and Robert Begley, sister, Regina Begley; in-laws; nephew, Sean Weide; and many dear friends.
Bill will be remembered by his family for many things; to name just a few:
* Being a prankster, an avid reader, and a proud Irishman;
* Making nightly calls to friends and family;
* Enjoying a good meal;
* Holding court at Amato’s on Saturday mornings with Msgr. Wolbach and the ORBs;
* Having a great sense of humor;
* Enjoying his toys, such as his Model A Ford, his MG Midget, and the many fire trucks and ambulances on which he would take neighbor kids for rides.;
* Having lots of connections, e.g. “knowing a guy”;
* Loving his kids, grandkids, granddogs, grandbird, and great-granddog and cats;
* And most important, loving his wife of 60 years, “Norma Jean the Beauty Queen.”
WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU!